Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Where Were You When...

Where were you the day Peyton Manning told John Elway he was joining the Broncos?

I rarely get sick and usually even if I am sick, I still go into work. Monday though, I just couldn't do it. I started getting sick on Sunday afternoon and by Monday morning I just knew work was out of the question. I got up around 7am when my alarm went off, let the guys at work know I wasn't coming in, and rolled over and went back to sleep.

11am I woke up again because my night table was literally hitting the side of my bed thanks to my phone that had fallen victim to a vibration seizure. Around 11:30 I was finally conscious enough to put the facts together - my phone was blowing up, maybe I should take a look and see what was going on.

My favorite text was from Sam Bhatt. All it said was, "I bet you're getting a lot of texts right now." Funny guy.

In addition to Sam's text, I noticed the six other texts (with more coming in by the second) and a voicemail. After sifting through a few of the texts, I figured out what was going on and immediately turned on ESPN to see the live coverage of the breaking news - and I consider it breaking for a multitude of reasons.

Some people get aches and pains in their joints and know there will be a change in the weather. Me? Well, my body intuitively knows and starts to shut down when something goes wrong in the Tebow Nation.

Apparently, while I was at home trying to stay awake for more than 30 minutes at a time, the joke at work was that I "somehow knew" what the day would bring and my body turned on me, forcing me to stay at home.

Honestly, even if I was at work, I don't know how much I would have really been able to accomplish even if I was feeling 100 percent. It's hard to focus with that kind of craziness going on, especially when it could and did ultimately affect Tim. I could only watch about two hours of media coverage before I fell back into unconsciousness, which was for the best because that's the extent of the madness I could stomach anyway.

Where were you the day Peyton Manning told John Elway he was joining the Broncos? The shot was heard around the United States, but is still resounding here in Southern Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment