Sunday, May 29, 2011

Territory Days


Territory Days is an annual weekend event in Colorado Springs. It's a street fair of sorts that includes beer gardens, food, local vendors and concerts. Every summer the streets of Old Colorado City, the oldest part of Colorado Springs, shut down for a weekend to play host to the event. I have no idea what we are celebrating, but it servers as a pretty decent excuse for the locals to enjoy nice weather, good food, and of course, beer.

This year my friend Jessi asked me to go with her to the Thompson Square concert. They were this weekend's headline band. Plus, who doesn't love an outdoor concert on a gorgeous, Sunday afternoon with a giant bag of kettle corn?
Before the concert we checked out the vendors. We had to stop for some home brewed root beer...
While we listed to this guy...
And when I looked up I realized I was sitting right on the stoop of this place...
Typical day in the life of a Coloradan.

No comments:

Post a Comment