Wednesday, July 20, 2011

As if I Haven't Had My Fill of Cabinets...

Last weekend Glen Eyrie had a garage sale to unload some of their old furniture and random supplies. I convinced by friend Megan to go check it out with me during lunch on Friday. Just convincing her to go on this treasure hunt was no easy task. I believe her response, even as we were walking to the garage sale, was something along the lines of, "I don't need any treasures."

I was pretty thrilled to find a cabinet for $10 that would fit perfectly in my bathroom. I've been looking for something like that since move-in day and all the ones I liked were $100+. No thanks. The hand-me-down, make-shift, storage thing my roommate gave me would work just fine. She needed the extra storage at our townhouse, but now in her new bathroom she didn't need it anymore.

My bathroom, on the other hand, has been a complete disaster area since day one. Not only is it small, but it's a complete mess due to lack or organization and lack or storage. How does one acquire so many toiletries anyway? My bathroom seems to be busting at the seams with soaps, gels, creams and a few things that frankly, I have no idea what they are used for. Yes, the cabinets and drawers under the sink are completely filled and yet, I was still in desperate need of additional storage. Out of control, right?

The cabinet did need to be repainted, but after the month-long kitchen cabinet saga, what's one more?
I painted the whole thing white and then painted a coat of left-over bond coating that was left over from my kitchen cabinets in a box.

It turned out pretty great if I do say so myself.
And now, my bathroom feels clean and organized for the first time...well, ever.
So what about my friend Megan? I'm so glad you asked. Ms. I Don't Need Any Treasures may or may not have purchased a PIANO. It was $50. No, for real. I may have had a slight hand in pushing her toward the purchase. It wasn't until the deed was done and we were heading back to work that I let her realize we had no way of getting her new treasure back to her apartment, or even let her remember she only has a one bedroom apartment that is pretty full already.
No worries though, within an hour of being back at work she had devised a plan to get her treasure home. The whole thing was just too easy, like it was meant to be or something...

In fact, it was so easy she decided to push her luck, return to the garage sale on Saturday, and purchase treasure #2. How can you expect a music major to pass this up, especially when it has a $12.50 price tag? It's just not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment