Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Team Leach


By far, the best news of my day was the release of Swing Your Sword, a book written by Mike Leach in response the scandal surrounding his firing in December 2009. Mike was the football coach the whole time I was at Texas Tech and I love the guy. Don't get me wrong, he is totally crazy but the fact that you just never know what he will do (or say) next was part of his charm.

Check out the USA Today article about the book. An email from Sally Post, the Director of Communications and Broadcast Media, is quoted in the book's excerpt. Sally was my boss when I interned in Communications and Marketing for Texas Tech. I almost fell over when I saw her name.

We can only hope Leach will do a book signing in Colorado...and that if he does, he can learn from the mistakes of Timmy Touchdown's people (meaning brother Robby and company) so I can actually buy the book at the event (if my Dad had not already pre-ordered it for me) and wait in line somewhere a little classier than Sam's Club.

Thanks for the memorable wins coach! There is a strong chance my wedding day will fall second to that one time we beat #1 ranked Texas!

Wreck Em Tech!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog. Just thought you should know.

    Oh, and miss you like a lot. Come visit Liz & I. The end.

    ReplyDelete