Monday, June 4, 2012

Follow Me in Ghana

This time next week I will be in route from New York to London with a final destination of Ghana, Africa. I can't believe I am at the 7 day countdown.

I have been able to exchange emails with some of the people going on my trip, but I have never met (in person) any of my 22 team members. A few of them I will meet in the airport in New York, but many of them I will not meet until I arrive in Ghana. From the little I know about them, they are an eclectic bunch. The youngest is a 16 year old girl from Colorado. However, there is someone in literally every age category and from all parts of the United States. We even have team members from the U.K. and Brazil.

Most common question I am asked: 
What are you doing while in Africa?

Answer:
I have no idea.

Yes, that's right - I have a plane ticket to Africa and I do not know anyone I am going with and I have no idea what we will do while we are there. For someone like me, who finds it nearly impossible to function without a plan, I am surprisingly calm about all of this. Maybe it's because my dad is stressed out enough for both of us. He is terrified I am going to be kidnapped and sold in to slavery. As for me, it's only when I start to tell someone about the trip that I start to realize how crazy it all sounds.

Just in case I do not get a chance to blog before I leave, if you are interested, (no pressure) this is how you can keep up with the day-to-day happenings of my adventure:

Flickr - Whatcha GHANA Do?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/daniellelaselva/sets/72157629773989862/

Twitter - @WhatchaGHANADo 
https://twitter.com/#!/WhatchaGHANADo

4 years of sponsorship = LOTS of letters and photos

No comments:

Post a Comment