Sunday, June 3, 2012

My #1

Armed with my scripted questions, I am happy to report that Bailey and Mrs. Knaub were able to get answers to a few of my questions - most importantly, my #1!

The first question that was asked was in relation to scene 3 - What happens to the house in Denver? Well, although the Tebow brothers were only renting the house, now that they no longer need it, the house is up for sale. If you are at all interested and happen to have a few million dollars cash, you can be the owner of the house formerly lived in by the former Denver Broncos quarterback.

I am happy to report, the next question asked and answered was my infamous #1 - Where do you keep the Heisman? Drumroll please...The Heisman is at his parent's house. I have asked many people this question and everyone has some idea of where it might be, but no one is ever confident in their answer. However, leave it to my mom to hit the nail on the head.

I flew to Florida to spend Christmas with my family last year and over dinner one night I posed the Heisman question to my family. I thought for sure my brothers would have some kind of insight into the mind of a guy and where 50lb of football glory may be housed. Without missing a beat my mom responded: Oh, I'm sure it's at his parent's house. If one of you had a Heisman I would not let you take that thing across the country. I don't even let the boys have their baseball trophies. I was pretty surprised. I had not even explored this theory as a possibility. But my mom was so matter of fact, like I didn't even need to bother asking a Tebow because she already knew the answer.

Well, mom, you were right.

Thankfully, the Knaub's decided to push the question a little further and find out exactly where this thing is on display - on the mantle, displayed in its own room alongside a host of other awards, on a coffee table in the living room, keeping a door propped open? To this Tim responded, "You know, I don't know where she has it."

So that's awesome, the biggest award in college football and it's at his mom's house...somewhere. It could be in the attic for all he knows.

The Knaub's were a little too embarrassed to reenact scene 2 - the question about Bronco the dog. However, when Deion Sanders posed the question, they were sure to ease drop in order to get the answer. I will give you the play-by-play of the conversation. Also, keep in mind this conversation was had on April 13. We all know if you were to ask that question today, you would get a different answer.

Dieon: Hey Tim, so are you going to rename your dog?
Tim: No, why would I rename my dog?
Dieon: Isn't your dog's name Bronco? Isn't that kind of weird to have a dog named Bronco?
Tim: (in pure innocence and a little confusion) No, Bronco is his name. You don't rename a dog. Why would I change his name?
Dieon: probably thinking (like the rest of America) - Well, you rename him because Elway screwed you and it's weird for Mr. Excited To Be A Jet to take his dog named Bronco for walks in Central Park.
Dieon actually says - Never mind. Forget it dude. 


I guess if I couldn't have Bailey ask about Bronco the dog, Dieon is a good enough backup. Plus it's nice to know Dieon and I are on the same page. I mean, it's a good question!

Also, the Knaub's wanted me to know that I shouldn't blame Tim for the book signing disaster of 2011. They said I need to blame his brother Robby. Apparently Robby spent the whole weekend pulling Tim away from conversations and making sure they made the necessary rounds to celebrities and guests. You know, I can actually respect that. All is forgiven (but not forgotten) from the book signing mishap. Just don't let it happen again boys. The Knaub ladies also loved and I mean LOVED this mysterious Angel guy who I blogged about. Go figure.

So there you have it America, (or at least my 10 readers) you may not be as excited as I am, but now you know where Tim Tebow keeps his Heisman. The only bummer is that now I need a new opening line if I ever do meet him. Suggestions?

1 comment: