Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fall Favorites

Last Sunday was a pretty big day. First of all, Tebow started! Unfortunately, he started at 11:00, the same time church starts. Fortunately, I live in 2011 and we have DVR, and my new friends Alicia and Aaron came over after church to watch the game with me. 

Aaron played on the mighty Phat Bhatts with me and I am starting to get to know his wife Alicia. They are great. I feel a long term friendship coming on with these two. 

If you're my friend I feel like I don't have to tell you that after three of the most boring quarters of football I have ever seen in my life, and I truly mean that, Tebow had what my friend Megan refers to as his Matt Saracen moment

I mean seriously, look at Saracen's face. Add some stubble and change the jersey and I would think I was looking at Tebow last weekend. The whole fourth quarter and into overtime it was like watching season 1 of Friday Night Lights. The lovable, QB2 becomes QB1 in a matter of seconds. It's rough for a while, but then Tim, just like Matt, remembers he CAN in fact play football and the game starts to turn around. Welcome to the fourth quarter of the Broncos' game my friends. 


Do I even need to tell you what happened? Well, just because watching the highlight reel still gets me fired up, I will go ahead and tell you anyway. 

After my heart rate slowed to a reasonable pace, it was time to carve pumpkins. For the first time ever I tried out one of those pattern books. Next year I'm stepping up my game. The patterns were pretty lame. Alicia was so proud of Tim she had to carve a pumpkin in celebration of the win. Aaron, well, he was there to take our picture afterward.



No comments:

Post a Comment