Monday, May 28, 2012

Mother's Day Mod Podge

Thank you Pintrest for making this year's Mother's Day gift one of the best and easiest to date. Like with most things in the LaSelva household, Mother's Day is a competition. Every year the siblings compete for the best Mother's Day gift. This year I was so confident in my selection that I even sent my brothers the Mother's Day reminder text the week before Mother's Day.

My mom loves her Pintrest account and I love it too because after only a few minutes of browsing her recent pins, I found a project that would be easy to complete and ship and because she pinned it herself I knew she would love it.

The first order of business was gathering the supplies: a cardboard "L" from JoAnn Fabrics, (obviously for "LaSelva") a glue stick, some black paint, and Mod Podge.
The task of resizing, editing and printing family photos was definitely the most difficult and time consuming, but after a few attempts I had a good selection and was ready to get started. I would suggest that for this project you print the photos on regular paper and not the photo paper.
I started by painting the top and bottom of the letter, but then decided to cover those two sections in scrapbook paper instead. Either works fine. I just preferred the look of the paper.
Then I cut and pasted the photos on the "L." I put photos on all sides except for the very top and very bottom of the letter.

After all the photos were pasted on the letter, I painted Mod Podge over the whole thing to give it a glossy finish. 
Thankfully the letter survived the trip to Florida, courtesy of the USPS. 

Mom loved it! 
When Mom opened the package my brother said - and I quote, "She does this every year! She always has to show us up!" That can only mean one thing - WINNER! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment